Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity
About this course
Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity
Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity Training
The Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity enables students, incoming professionals and career changers to build confidence and enter their first cybersecurity role prepared for what’s next.
This certification gives employers the confidence that when hiring new entrants into the field they have a solid grasp of the right technical concepts, and a demonstrated aptitude to learn on the job.
This (ISC)² Official 1-Day training seminar (9-5 GMT) is delivered by a world-class Authorised (ISC)² Instructor, uses updated courseware and hands-on exercises to create an engaging interactive learning environment for participants – wherever they are located.
- The Ultimate Guide to the Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity – Request yours here>>
- Official (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity – FAQ
The Certified in Cybersecurity Training is also available as Team Training*
* We provide Team Training from 5 attendees. This allows the content and discussion to focus on the specific circumstances of the organisation. Please contact us to discuss your Team Training requirement.
About this course
Why Certified in Cybersecurity?
A need still exists for a certification that is attainable for newcomers and recognizes the growing trend of people entering the cybersecurity workforce without direct IT experience. From the global leader in information security credentials, this new certification creates a clear pathway to an exciting and rewarding career in cybersecurity. It breaks down traditional barriers to entry, enabling you to build confidence and enter your first cybersecurity role ready for what’s next. Those who pass the exam have proven their knowledge, skills and abilities in the fundamentals of cybersecurity. They have a proficient understanding of policies and processes and have demonstrated their commitment to further cybersecurity education and development. As an (ISC)² certification, the recipient will be an (ISC)² member backed by the world’s largest network of certified cybersecurity professionals helping them continue their professional development and earn new achievements and qualifications throughout their career.
The (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity exam evaluates expertise across five security domains.
• Security Principles
• Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) & Incident Response Concepts
• Access Controls Concepts
• Network Security
• Security Operations
Certified in Cybersecurity will prove to employers that candidates have the foundational knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for an entry- or junior-level cybersecurity role. It is ideal for the following:
- Young Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Career Changers
Members, Chapters & B2B Team Leaders – Entry-level / Junior Staffers
Entry-Level Cybersecurity Job Roles
- Security analyst
- Security specialist
- Security architect
- Security auditor
- Forensic specialist/analyst
- Junior penetration tester
- Security engineer
- IT auditor
- IT security manager
- Systems administrator
What is included
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance (40 CPEs)
- Lunch and refreshments (onsite courses)
- Exam Voucher is NOT included but could be purchased separately
About the Instructor
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for (ISC)², the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions to software houses and start-ups.
Internationally recognised Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security.
Richard Nealon is an official certified instructor for (ISC)² and an internationally recognised Information Security and Risk Management professional, with over 35 years’ experience. He was one of the first certified information security professionals in Ireland and has worked for most of his career in the information technology area (Security, Risk, Assurance, and eDiscovery) within the financial services industry.
With first-hand experience of the challenges that information security professionals face, Richard incorporates practical and relatable insights to the course content, creating more relevant and enhanced learning for attendees.
As an (ISC)² Official Training Provider (OTP) Cycubix offers other courses designed to instruct participants on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and ensure they have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
The new entry-level certification is intended to be a bridge to a cybersecurity career and future certification attainment for new entrants into the field. The SSCP has work/educational prerequisites that are not required for the entry-level certification.
- The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is for IT administrators, managers, directors, network security professionals and others responsible for the hands-on operational security of their organization’s critical assets. It shows they have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures.
- The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is designed to recognize information security leaders who understand cybersecurity strategy, as well as hands-on implementation. It demonstrates technical knowledge and experience to design, develop and manage the overall security posture of an organization.
Exam & Certification
- The pilot exam contains 100 test items in a standard, linear exam format. There is a two (2) hour maximum administration time that is inclusive of all optional breaks and information screens.
- The Certified in Cybersecurity exam will be available in English only.
- The Certified in Cybersecurity pilot exam will only be available in-person at (ISC)²-authorized Pearson VUE test centres.
- Unlike other (ISC)² certifications, there is no work experience requirement to earn this certification.