ISC2 Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Training
About this course
ISC2 Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Training
CISSP Certification & Training Ireland
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the most globally recognized certification in the cybersecurity market.
Team training, for groups of four (4+) or more, is cost effective and saves you time – with training delivered online or at your premises. Our tailored approach ensures flexibility and a relevant learning experience that encourages discussions that focus on your organisation’s unique circumstances. Contact Us about Team Training
* Public courses are subject to minimum numbers
This ISC2 Official 5-Day training seminar (9-5 GMT) is available in person or LIVE ONLINE. Delivered by a world-class Authorised ISC2 Instructor, the seminar uses updated courseware and hands-on exercises to create an engaging interactive learning environment for participants – wherever they are located.
Group discount available – All active ISC2 Members and Candidates are eligible for a 10% discount – available until registration deadline (Note that to avail of this discount you must be an active ISC2 member). Only one discount offer can be used per registration.
Please contact us to obtain the discount code relevant to you
About this course
In an increasingly complex cyber world, there is a growing need for information security leaders who possess the breadth and depth of expertise necessary to establish holistic security programs that assure the protection of organisations’ information assets. CISSP validates a cybersecurity professional’s deep technical and managerial knowledge and experience to effectively design, engineer and manage an organization’s overall security posture.
The broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) ensure its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security. Successful candidates are competent in the following 8 domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (C
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
The CISSP is ideal for cybersecurity professionals with at least 5 years in the information security field that are in or towards positions such as, but not limited to:
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Compliance Manager / Officer
- Director of Security
- Information Architect
- Information Manager / Information Risk Manager or Consultant
- IT Specialist / Director / Manager
- Network / System Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Security Architect / Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- Security Systems Engineer / Security Engineer
Benefits of CISSP
For the Individual – In terms of your personal career development, the CISSP certification clearly demonstrates technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to ongoing relevancy and understanding of the most current best practices.
- Instant credibility as an authority figure on cybersecurity, proving proficiency to keep up with new technologies, developments and threats
- Unique recognition for having the highest standard for cybersecurity expertise
- Advanced knowledge and skills on cybersecurity best practices, evolving technologies and mitigation strategies
- Vendor-neutral and multivendor knowledge that can be applied across different technologies and methodologies
For the Organization – The CISSP certification ensures that information security teams stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
- Strengthen security posture with qualified professionals with proven expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment
- Improve cybersecurity coherence across the organization
- Increase organizational integrity in the eyes of clients and other stakeholders
- Meet certification mandates for service providers and subcontractors
- Ensure teams are up-to-date on emerging and evolving technologies, threats and mitigation strategies
- Comply with government or industry regulations (DoD 8140.01/8570.01 approved)
What is included
- Official ISC2 courseware
- Taught by an authorized ISC2 instructor
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance (40 CPEs)
- Lunch and refreshments (onsite courses)
- Exam Voucher is NOT included but could be purchased separately.
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for ISC2, the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions to software houses and start-ups.
Internationally recognised Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security.
Richard Nealon is an internationally recognised official certified instructor for ISC2 and a seasoned Information Security and Risk Management professional internationally recognised with over 35 years’ experience. He was one of the first certified information security professionals in Ireland and has worked for most of his career in the information technology area (Security, Risk, Assurance, and eDiscovery) within the financial services industry.
With first-hand experience of the challenges that information security professionals face, Richard incorporates practical and relatable insights to the course content, creating more relevance and enhanced learning for attendees.
“Very happy with the course overall and many thanks to Fabio for making the material come to life.” – ISC2 Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training Attendee – November 2018
“I had the pleasure of having Fabio has instructor during my CISSP course, and I can honestly say that he is a great teacher, very well prepared and an extremely pleasant person. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional IT instructor.” – Alberto Malerba CISSP Senior Sales Engineer at Cylance
“Fabio was my teacher in preparation for the CISSP exam. He is an excellent instructor with both solid knowledge of Information Security topics and the skills to explain them in a simple way. He is able to present course information in a way that encourages class interaction with practical examples taken by everyone’s different job experiences.” – Piermario Cecchini IT Audit, Risk Management & Security Specialist
“Fabio was my instructor for the CISSP training course I took last year. During the course I could appreciate his unquestionable skills, both technical and soft. He demonstrated to be a great security professional, with a solid background and large experience in Information Security topics. Besides, he was a great teacher, able to explain CISSP domains in a very clear way and able to keep the class attention high, thanks to concrete examples, exercises and interaction. He has always been really helpful, both during and after the course” – Maria Laura Angelone
- Preferred – The most globally recognized certification in the cybersecurity market
- Independent – Vendor-neutral certification ensures professionals can effectively design, engineer, and manage an organization’s overall security posture
- Rigorous – Proctored exam requires practical technical and managerial knowledge necessary to effectively design, engineer and manage the overall security posture of an organization
- Continuing Education – Requirement for continuing professional education ensures professionals stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards and practices
- #2 certification on “The Next Big Thing” list in CertMag’s Annual Salary Survey that respondents plan to earn in 2021, 2019, 2018 — Certification Magazine
- Ranked #28 on the Certification Salary Survey 75 list with an annual salary of $134,890 (in U.S.), $108,410 (globally) in 2021
- Cyberseek.gov reports demand for CISSP is 5 times that of the CISM – August 2020
Exam & Certification
The CISSP exam uses Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for all English exams. CISSP exams in all other languages are administered as linear, fixed-form exams.
- Length of exam – 4 hours
- Number of questions – 125 – 175
- Question format – Multiple choice and advanced innovative questions
- Passing grade – 700 out of 1000 points
- Exam availability – English
- Testing centers: Pearson VUE is the exclusive global administrator of all ISC2 exams (https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2)
Prerequisites for certification
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK
- Earning a 4-year college degree or regional equivalent or an additional credential from the ISC2 approved list will satisfy 1 year of the required experience. Education credit will only satisfy 1 year of experience
- A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become a CISSP may become an Associate of ISC2 by successfully passing the CISSP examination. The Associate of ISC2 will then have 6 years to earn the 5 years required experience
As an ISC2 Official Training Provider (OTP) Cycubix offers other courses designed to instruct participants on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and ensure they have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
ISC2 certifications are recognised as the gold standard in the industry and confirm comprehensive and professional knowledge critical to developing and protecting systems and data in business and working environments.
- The Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) validates that software professionals have the expertise to incorporate security practices – authentication, authorization and auditing – into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments. It provides a benchmark for cloud security knowledge and competence, and is viewed as the most reliable indicator of overall proficiency in cloud security.
- The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is the ideal certification for those with proven technical skills and practical, hands-on security knowledge in operational IT roles.
Learn more about CISSP
- November 2, 2023
On April 15, 2024, ISC2 will refresh the CISSP credential exam. These updates are the result of the Job Task Analysis (JTA), which is an analysis of the current content of the credential evaluated by ISC2 members on a triennial cycle. Q: Why are changes being made to the CISSP exam? A: ISC2 has an obligation to its membership to maintain the relevancy of its credentials. These enhancements are the result of a rigorous, methodical process that ISC2 follows to routinely update its credential exams. This process ensures that the […]
- September 13, 2023
On August 17th 2023 the organization formerly known as (ISC)² announced a rebranding to reflect its growing global membership and expanded role in strengthening the influence, diversity and vitality of cybersecurity professionals around the world. The rebrand includes the name change from (ISC)² to ISC2 to improve global accessibility and ease translation across all languages. Originally founded to develop a program and common body of knowledge for the certification of cybersecurity professionals, ISC2 has expanded its range of offerings to meet the needs of its diverse and global community. Since […]
- April 6, 2023
Demand for cybersecurity talent is at an all-time high and continues to accelerate at a record pace. CISSP and CCSP certifications distinguish you among the most highly skilled cybersecurity specialists and open new opportunities for career advancement. Stand out with cybersecurity’s two top credentials Most In-Demand – CISSP, regarded by organizations around the world as the premier certification, tops the list of security credentials required by employers at LinkedIn. Fastest Growing – CCSP, the fastest-growing (ISC)² certification and the hottest in cloud security, ranks No. 1 on Certification […]
- CISSP ,
- October 7, 2022
We have updated the Mind Map to reflect the refreshed CISSP Exam Outline effective June 1, 2022. This resource is designed to help students when studying for the CISSP exam. Use the mind map as a visual guide when reviewing the CISSP domains. Read more information and find out more about the next scheduled dates for (ISC)² Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Training Seminar. Remember that all (ISC)² members are eligible for a 10% discount – available until registration deadline. Click on the image or […]
- CISSP ,
- August 23, 2022
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is the senior-level role that oversees the development, implementation, and operation of the organisation’s security program. The CISO works with other senior management to align security initiatives with the overall business objectives and to manage risks that may threaten the organisation achieving its goals. Filling a CISO role can be challenging for many organisations. A vCISO can be the answer, but finding the right vCISO is essential. Cybersecurity is a top priority for organisations. The frequency and sophistication of cyberattacks have increased business risk. […]
At Cycubix we are passionate about education and the fundamental role it plays in the development and ongoing management of an effective cybersecurity programme. The latest cybersecurity knowledge and relevant skills are essential to manage a business securely while driving success and growth. Why train with Cycubix? Here are just some of the reasons…. Experienced Cycubix has over 15 years’ experience and an in-depth understanding of the technical challenges, the threat landscape and compliance issues. From financial services to government departments and manufacturing organisations, Cycubix incorporates real-world experiences to every […]
- CISSP ,
- April 29, 2022
Effective June 1, 2022, the CISSP exam in the Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) format will contain 50 pretest (unscored) items, which will increase the minimum and maximum number of items you will need to respond to from 100-150 to 125-175 items during your exam. To allow for these additional items, the maximum exam time will increase from three to four hours. The additional 25 pretest items are evaluated for inclusion as operational (scored) items in future exams, however, as these pretest items are indistinguishable from operational (scored) items, you should consider each item carefully and select the best […]
- January 20, 2022
2021 was a challenging year for IT security professionals. As the pandemic continued the work-from-home movement extended with its associated cybersecurity risks. Ransomware attacks grew at record levels with some very high-profile attacks on critical infrastructure – all in the face of the ongoing shortage of IT security talent. In this webinar, Steve Piper, Founder & CEO of CyberEdge (and proud CISSP), discusses his Top Five Cybersecurity Predictions for 2022. Top Five Cybersecurity Predictions for 2022 1. The Overall Volume of Successful Attacks Will Decline 2. IT Budgets Will […]
- CISSP ,
- March 22, 2021
Learn about the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification Many cybersecurity professionals have questions about the Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP certification – what is it, why should I consider it, what is involved and lots more. If you are thinking about becoming CISSP certified and are interested in learning more about the process and requirements, the Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP – FAQ may give you some answers. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us and we would be delighted to […]
- CISSP ,
- March 22, 2021
The Information Security Careers Network (ISCN) asked a 90,000-member LinkedIn community of cybersecurity professionals to rate their top certifications in order to compile a list of the top 10 most desirable certifications for 2021. The list included certifications from other associations and vendors, as well as the (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP). Nearly three quarters of respondents (72%) identified the CISSP as the certification with the greatest demand in cybersecurity. Why is the CISSP the Most Valuable Cybersecurity Certification? CISSP validates skills and knowhow to design, implement and manage […]