Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity
About this course
Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity
Certified in Cybersecurity Training
The Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity opens opportunities in cybersecurity to a much broader pool of candidates, offering a path to advanced cybersecurity certifications and future leadership roles. No experience or formal education is required — only basic knowledge of information technology (IT) is recommended.
Team training, for groups of four (4+) or more, is cost effective and saves you time – with training delivered online or at your premises. Our tailored approach ensures flexibility and a relevant learning experience that encourages discussions that focus on your organisation’s unique circumstances. Contact Us about Team Training
This ISC2 Official 14hrs training seminar is delivered by a world-class Authorised ISC2 Instructor and uses updated courseware and hands-on exercises to create an engaging interactive learning environment for participants – wherever they are located.
- The Ultimate Guide to the Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity – Request yours here>>
- Official ISC2 Certified in Cybersecurity – FAQ
- Certified in Cybersecurity Exam Outline
The Certified in Cybersecurity Training is also available as Team Training*
* We provide Team Training from 5 attendees. This allows the content and discussion to focus on the specific circumstances of the organisation. Please contact us to discuss your Team Training requirement.
About this course
Why Certified in Cybersecurity?
As new cyberthreats make headlines every day, there’s never been a greater urgency for cybersecurity professionals. And yet the global workforce needs cybersecurity professionals to meet demand. The Certified in Cybersecurity is an entry-level credential to introduce a much wider pool of candidates to the field and help close the workforce gap. This certification creates a clear pathway to an exciting and rewarding career in cybersecurity. It breaks down traditional barriers to entry, enabling candidates to build confidence and enter your first cybersecurity role ready for what’s next. Those who pass the exam have proven their knowledge, skills and abilities in the fundamentals of cybersecurity. They have a proficient understanding of policies and processes and have demonstrated their commitment to further cybersecurity education and development. As an ISC2 certification, the recipient will be an ISC2 member backed by the world’s largest network of certified cybersecurity professionals helping them continue their professional development and earn new achievements and qualifications throughout their career.
The (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity exam evaluates expertise across five security domains.
• Security Principles
• Business Continuity (BC), Disaster Recovery (DR) & Incident Response Concepts
• Access Controls Concepts
• Network Security
• Security Operations
Certified in Cybersecurity is for:
- Young Professionals
- Recent college graduates looking to start their path toward cybersecurity leadership.
- IT Professionals
- Career Changers
- Board level executives
- Team Leaders
- Business cybersecurity champions and leads
- Staff with access to critical information and processes (HR, Finances, Vendor Management, etc)
- Employees seeking foundational knowledge in cybersecurity (Audit, Compliance, etc)
Entry-Level Cybersecurity Job Roles
- Security analyst
- Security specialist
- Security architect
- Security auditor
- Forensic specialist/analyst
- Junior penetration tester
- Security engineer
- IT security manager
- Systems administrator
There are no prerequisites.
What is included
- Official ISC2 courseware
- Taught by an authorized ISC2 Instructor
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance Exam Voucher. Two opportunities to take the exam for participants who purchased their exam voucher with official training (only valid for 2023).
- Annual Maintenance Fees (AMF) for the first year included (US$ 50) (only valid for 2023)
About the Instructor
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for ISC2, the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions to software houses and start-ups.
Internationally recognised Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security.
Richard Nealon is an official certified instructor for ISC2 and an internationally recognised Information Security and Risk Management professional, with over 35 years’ experience. He was one of the first certified information security professionals in Ireland and has worked for most of his career in the information technology area (Security, Risk, Assurance, and eDiscovery) within the financial services industry.
With first-hand experience of the challenges that information security professionals face, Richard incorporates practical and relatable insights to the course content, creating more relevant and enhanced learning for attendees.
As an ISC2 Official Training Partner (OTP) Cycubix offers other courses designed to instruct participants on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and ensure they have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
The new entry-level certification is intended to be a bridge to a cybersecurity career and future certification attainment for new entrants into the field.
- The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is for IT administrators, managers, directors, network security professionals and others responsible for the hands-on operational security of their organization’s critical assets. It shows they have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices, policies and procedures.
- The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments. It provides a benchmark for cloud security knowledge and competence, and is viewed as the most reliable indicator of overall proficiency in cloud security.
- The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is designed to recognize information security leaders who understand cybersecurity strategy, as well as hands-on implementation. It demonstrates technical knowledge and experience to design, develop and manage the overall security posture of an organization.
Exam & Certification
- The pilot exam contains 100 test items in a standard, linear exam format. There is a two (2) hour maximum administration time that is inclusive of all optional breaks and information screens.
- The Certified in Cybersecurity exam will be available in English only.
- The Certified in Cybersecurity pilot exam will only be available in-person at ISC2-authorized Pearson VUE test centres.
- Unlike other ISC2 certifications, there is no work experience requirement to earn this certification.
Learn more about CCSP
- November 2, 2023
On April 15, 2024, ISC2 will refresh the CISSP credential exam. These updates are the result of the Job Task Analysis (JTA), which is an analysis of the current content of the credential evaluated by ISC2 members on a triennial cycle. Q: Why are changes being made to the CISSP exam? A: ISC2 has an obligation to its membership to maintain the relevancy of its credentials. These enhancements are the result of a rigorous, methodical process that ISC2 follows to routinely update its credential exams. This process ensures that the […]
- September 13, 2023
On August 17th 2023 the organization formerly known as (ISC)² announced a rebranding to reflect its growing global membership and expanded role in strengthening the influence, diversity and vitality of cybersecurity professionals around the world. The rebrand includes the name change from (ISC)² to ISC2 to improve global accessibility and ease translation across all languages. Originally founded to develop a program and common body of knowledge for the certification of cybersecurity professionals, ISC2 has expanded its range of offerings to meet the needs of its diverse and global community. Since […]
- April 3, 2023
Candidate, Associate or Member? Thinking of (ISC)² membership, but don’t know which level is right for you? Read on to find out more about the different ways in which you can join the global community of cybersecurity professionals who are shaping the future of the industry. Why (ISC)² Membership? With over 150,000 members and associates in more than 175 countries, (ISC)² (International Information System Security Certification Consortium) comprise the largest global association of expert cybersecurity professionals dedicated to inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. (ISC)² certifications […]