(ISC)² Official Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) CBK Training
About this course
(ISC)² Official Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) CBK Training
SSCP Certification & Training Ireland
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) training and certification is for individuals in operational IT roles seeking to prove their knowledge, skills and experience. SSCP provides confirmation of a practitioner’s ability to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with cybersecurity policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
This (ISC)² Official 5-Day training seminar (9-5 GMT) is available in person or LIVE ONLINE is delivered by a world-class Authorised (ISC)² Instructor, uses updated courseware and hands-on exercises to create an engaging interactive learning environment for participants – wherever they are located.
- The SSCP Ultimate Guide – Request yours here>>
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) – FAQ
- CISSP or SSCP – Which one is right for me?
- SSCP Exam Outline (effective November 1, 2021)
- SSCP Domain Refresh FAQ (effective November 1, 2021)
Group discount available – All active (ISC)² Members and Candidates are eligible for a 10% discount – available until registration deadline (Note that to avail of this discount you must be an active (ISC)² member). Only one discount offer can be used per registration.
Please contact us to obtain the discount code relevant to you.
About this course
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is the ideal certification for those with proven technical skills and practical, hands-on security knowledge in operational IT roles. It provides confirmation of a practitioner’s ability to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability. The SSCP certification shows you have the technical skills to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure using information security policies and procedures. You’re skilled in protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
The broad spectrum of topics included in the SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) training ensure its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security. Successful candidates are competent in the following 7 CBK Domains:
- Access Controls
- Security Operations and Administration
- Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communications Security
- Systems and Application Security
The SSCP Certification is designed for cybersecurity and IT/ICT professionals who have hands-on responsibility for designing, implementing and maintaining cyber, information, software and infrastructure security, whether in a cyber-dedicated role or as part of their day-to-day IT/ICT position as, but not limited to:
• Network Security Engineer
• IT/Systems/Network Administrator
• Security Analyst
• Systems Engineer
• Security Consultant/Specialist
• Security Administrator
• Systems/Network Analyst
• Database Administrator
• Individuals operating in a security operations center (SOC) environment performing the role of incident handler, SIEM, forensics specialist, threat intel researcher, etc.
For the Individual
- Validate knowledge and experience
- Develop new skills they can apply in day-to-day work and stay up-to-date on emerging threats
- Build a strong foundation for an infosec career and a path to the CISSP and/or a career in cybersecurity
For the Organization
- Strengthen the security posture with qualified practitioners
- Implement the latest security best practices to protect the organization from ever-increasing levels of cyber risk
- Improve cybersecurity coherence across the organization
- Increase organizational integrity in the eyes of clients and other stakeholders.
- Meet certification requirements and recommendations for government, service providers and subcontractors
- Ensure professionals are up-to-date on emerging and changing technologies, and security issues
- Comply with government or industry regulations (DoD 8140.01/8570.01 approved)
What is included
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance (40 CPEs)
- Lunch and refreshments (onsite courses)
- Exam Voucher is NOT included but could be purchased separately
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for (ISC)², the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions to software houses and start-ups.
Internationally recognised Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security.
Richard Nealon is an internationally recognised official certified instructor for (ISC)² and a seasoned Information Security and Risk Management professional internationally recognised with over 35 years’ experience. He was one of the first certified information security professionals in Ireland and has worked for most of his career in the information technology area (Security, Risk, Assurance, and eDiscovery) within the financial services industry.
With first-hand experience of the challenges that information security professionals face, Richard incorporates practical and relatable insights to the course content, creating more relevance and enhanced learning for attendees.
“Really enjoyed the course and found Fabio to be very engaging. The content and slides were very user friendly and easy to digest. 100% of the time.” – (ISC)² Official Certified Systems Security Certified Professional Training Attendee – March 2018
“Great delivery of content with good use of examples to demonstrate concepts.” – (ISC)² Official Certified Systems Security Certified Professional Training Attendee – March 2018
“Really enjoyed it and felt clued in and engaged.” – (ISC)² Official Certified Systems Security Certified Professional Training Attendee – March 2018
- Alignment – SSCPs and CISSPs speak the same information security language, avoiding ambiguity with industry-accepted terms and best practices.
- Leading Edge – Backed by (ISC)2, the international nonprofit that developed the CISSP credential
- Vendor-neutral – SSCP certification ensures that practitioners can perform cybersecurity tasks and roles in multivendor operating environments
- Rigorous – Proctored exam requires practical knowledge and experience to implement, monitor, and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with information security policies and procedures to ensure data, confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Continuing Education – SSCPs must participate in continuing professional education to stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards and practices
- Ranked #61 on the Certification Salary Survey 75 list in 2021
- Named one of 5 Great “Starter” Cybersecurity Certifications – Business News Daily
- Named one of 10 Security Certifications to Boost Your Career – Dark Reading
- Described as a Stepping Stone to an IT Security Career – Certification Magazine
As an (ISC)² Official Training Provider (OTP) Cycubix offers other courses designed to instruct participants on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and ensure they have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
(ISC)² certifications are recognised as the gold standard in the industry and confirm comprehensive and professional knowledge critical to developing and protecting systems and data in business and working environments.
- The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is designed to recognize information security leaders who understand cybersecurity strategy, as well as hands-on implementation. It demonstrates technical knowledge and experience to design, develop and manage the overall security posture of an organization.
- The Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) validates that software professionals have the expertise to incorporate security practices – authentication, authorization and auditing – into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments. It provides a benchmark for cloud security knowledge and competence, and is viewed as the most reliable indicator of overall proficiency in cloud security.
Exam & Certification
- Length of exam – 4 hours
- Number of questions – 150
- Question format – Multiple choice
- Passing grade – 700 out of 1000 points
- Exam availability – English and Japaneses (Chinese, Korean, German and Spanish from November 2022)
- Testing centers: Pearson VUE is the exclusive global administrator of all (ISC)² exams (https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2)
Prerequisites for certification
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year cumulative work experience in 1 or more of the 7 domains of the
- A 1 year prerequisite pathway will be granted for candidates who received a degree (bachelors or
masters) in a cybersecurity program
- A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become an SSCP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the SSCP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 2 years to earn the 1 year required experience
Learn more about SSCP