(ISC)² Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Training
About this course
(ISC)² Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) CBK Training
CISSP Certification & Training Ireland
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the most globally recognized certification in the cybersecurity market.
This (ISC)² Official 5-Day training seminar (9-5 GMT) is available in person or LIVE ONLINE. Delivered by a world-class Authorised (ISC)² Instructor, the seminar uses updated courseware and hands-on exercises to create an engaging interactive learning environment for participants – wherever they are located.
- The CISSP Ultimate Guide – Request yours here>>
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – FAQ
- Top Tips for preparing the CISSP Exam
- CISSP Mind Map
- CISSP or SSCP – Which one is right for me?
This course will be based on the refreshed CISSP Exam Outline and will use the updated training materials. Beginning June 1, 2022, the CISSP exam will have additional items to respond and the exam time will increase from three to four hours.
Group discount available – All active (ISC)² members are eligible for a 10% discount – available until registration deadline (Note that to avail of this discount you must be an active (ISC)² member). Only one discount offer can be used per registration.
Please contact us to obtain the discount code relevant to you.
About this course
In an increasingly complex cyber world, there is a growing need for information security leaders who possess the breadth and depth of expertise necessary to establish holistic security programs that assure the protection of organisations’ information assets. CISSP validates a cybersecurity professional’s deep technical and managerial knowledge and experience to effectively design, engineer and manage an organization’s overall security posture.
The broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) ensure its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security. Successful candidates are competent in the following 8 domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (C
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
The CISSP is ideal for cybersecurity professionals with at least 5 years in the information security field that are in or towards positions such as, but not limited to:
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Compliance Manager / Officer
- Director of Security
- Information Architect
- Information Manager / Information Risk Manager or Consultant
- IT Specialist / Director / Manager
- Network / System Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Security Architect / Security Analyst
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- Security Systems Engineer / Security Engineer
Benefits of CISSP
For the Individual – In terms of your personal career development, the CISSP certification clearly demonstrates technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to ongoing relevancy and understanding of the most current best practices.
- Instant credibility as an authority figure on cybersecurity, proving proficiency to keep up with new technologies, developments and threats
- Unique recognition for having the highest standard for cybersecurity expertise
- Advanced knowledge and skills on cybersecurity best practices, evolving technologies and mitigation strategies
- Vendor-neutral and multivendor knowledge that can be applied across different technologies and methodologies
For the Organization – The CISSP certification ensures that information security teams stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
- Strengthen security posture with qualified professionals with proven expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment
- Improve cybersecurity coherence across the organization
- Increase organizational integrity in the eyes of clients and other stakeholders
- Meet certification mandates for service providers and subcontractors
- Ensure teams are up-to-date on emerging and evolving technologies, threats and mitigation strategies
- Comply with government or industry regulations (DoD 8140.01/8570.01 approved)
What is included
- Official (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance (40 CPEs)
- Lunch and refreshments (onsite courses)
- Exam Voucher is NOT included but could be purchased separately.
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for (ISC)², the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions to software houses and start-ups.
Internationally recognised Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security.
Richard Nealon is an internationally recognised official certified instructor for (ISC)² and a seasoned Information Security and Risk Management professional internationally recognised with over 35 years’ experience. He was one of the first certified information security professionals in Ireland and has worked for most of his career in the information technology area (Security, Risk, Assurance, and eDiscovery) within the financial services industry.
With first-hand experience of the challenges that information security professionals face, Richard incorporates practical and relatable insights to the course content, creating more relevance and enhanced learning for attendees.
“Very happy with the course overall and many thanks to Fabio for making the material come to life.” – (ISC)² Official Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training Attendee – November 2018
“I had the pleasure of having Fabio has instructor during my CISSP course, and I can honestly say that he is a great teacher, very well prepared and an extremely pleasant person. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional IT instructor.” – Alberto Malerba CISSP Senior Sales Engineer at Cylance
“Fabio was my teacher in preparation for the CISSP exam. He is an excellent instructor with both solid knowledge of Information Security topics and the skills to explain them in a simple way. He is able to present course information in a way that encourages class interaction with practical examples taken by everyone’s different job experiences.” – Piermario Cecchini IT Audit, Risk Management & Security Specialist
“Fabio was my instructor for the CISSP training course I took last year. During the course I could appreciate his unquestionable skills, both technical and soft. He demonstrated to be a great security professional, with a solid background and large experience in Information Security topics. Besides, he was a great teacher, able to explain CISSP domains in a very clear way and able to keep the class attention high, thanks to concrete examples, exercises and interaction. He has always been really helpful, both during and after the course” – Maria Laura Angelone
- Preferred – The most globally recognized certification in the cybersecurity market
- Independent – Vendor-neutral certification ensures professionals can effectively design, engineer, and manage an organization’s overall security posture
- Rigorous – Proctored exam requires practical technical and managerial knowledge necessary to effectively design, engineer and manage the overall security posture of an organization
- Continuing Education – Requirement for continuing professional education ensures professionals stay current on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards and practices
- #2 certification on “The Next Big Thing” list in CertMag’s Annual Salary Survey that respondents plan to earn in 2021, 2019, 2018 — Certification Magazine
- Ranked #28 on the Certification Salary Survey 75 list with an annual salary of $134,890 (in U.S.), $108,410 (globally) in 2021
- Cyberseek.gov reports demand for CISSP is 5 times that of the CISM – August 2020
Exam & Certification
The CISSP exam uses Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for all English exams. CISSP exams in all other languages are administered as linear, fixed-form exams.
- Length of exam – 3 hours (From June 1, 2022 – 4 hours)
- Number of questions – 100 – 150 (From June 1, 2022 – 125-175)
- Question format – Multiple choice and advanced innovative questions
- Passing grade – 700 out of 1000 points
- Exam availability – English
- Testing centers: Pearson VUE is the exclusive global administrator of all (ISC)² exams (https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2)
Prerequisites for certification
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK
- Earning a 4-year college degree or regional equivalent or an additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list will satisfy 1 year of the required experience. Education credit will only satisfy 1 year of experience
- A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become a CISSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CISSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 6 years to earn the 5 years required experience
As an (ISC)² Official Training Provider (OTP) Cycubix offers other courses designed to instruct participants on emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and practices and ensure they have the expertise to competently design, build, and maintain a secure business environment.
(ISC)² certifications are recognised as the gold standard in the industry and confirm comprehensive and professional knowledge critical to developing and protecting systems and data in business and working environments.
- The Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) validates that software professionals have the expertise to incorporate security practices – authentication, authorization and auditing – into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments. It provides a benchmark for cloud security knowledge and competence, and is viewed as the most reliable indicator of overall proficiency in cloud security.
- The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is the ideal certification for those with proven technical skills and practical, hands-on security knowledge in operational IT roles.
Learn more about CISSP