(ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – FAQ
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification
Many cybersecurity professionals have questions about the Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP certification – what it is, why should I consider it, what is involved and lots more. If you are thinking about becoming CCSP certified and are interested in learning more about the process and requirements, the Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP – FAQ may give you some answers.
If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us and we would be delighted to answer your questions.
- What is the Certified Cloud Security Professional CCSP certification?
- Why is the CCSP certification important?
- Why should Information Security professionals consider the CCSP certification?
- Who is the CCSP certification relevant to?
- What can attendees expect to cover in the CCSP training seminar?
- Why should organisations consider CCSP training for their teams?
- What training formats are available?
- Who is the instructor for the CCSP course?
- What is included in the cost of the training?
- How is the CCSP Examination structured?
- Are there any prerequisites for certification?
- Can I apply to the exam right after the course?
- Once I pass the test am I automatically CCSP Certified?
- Why train with Cycubix?
Recognizing the need to identify and validate information security professionals’ competency in securing cloud services, the two leading membership organizations focused on cloud and information security, the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and (ISC)², developed an international cloud security credential that reflects the most current and comprehensive best practices for securing and optimizing cloud computing environments.
The CCSP represents the highest standard for cloud security expertise and ensures that cloud security professionals have the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to audit, assess, and secure cloud infrastructures.
Why is the CCSP certification important?
Cloud computing is delivering on its promise: dramatically improved business and systems flexibility, increased availability, and increased efficiency – all at a reduced cost. While many long-standing information security best practices are appropriate, managing and utilizing cloud computing introduces new complexities and challenges that cannot be addressed with traditional information security approaches.
The CCSP credential reflects deeper knowledge derived from hands-on information security and cloud computing experience. It validates practical know-how applicable to those professionals whose day-to-day responsibilities involve cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration.
Why should information security professionals consider the CCSP certification?
The CCSP credential reflects deeper knowledge derived from hands-on information security and cloud computing experience. It validates practical know-how applicable to those professionals whose day-to-day responsibilities involve cloud security architecture, design, operations, and service orchestration. CCSP defines the qualifications and experience necessary to competently secure cloud services. Ultimately, it provides a new benchmark for cloud security knowledge and competence and is viewed as the most reliable indicator of overall proficiency in cloud security.
The CCSP helps information security professionals:
- Demonstrate not just cloud knowledge, but competence gained through hands-on experience in addressing the unique information security demands intrinsic to cloud environments.
- Enhance credibility and marketability for the most desirable cloud security opportunities; and provide a career differentiator.
- Affirm commitment to understanding and applying security best practices to cloud environments – today and in the future.
Who is the CCSP certification relevant to?
The CCSP is ideal for IT and information security leaders seeking to prove their understanding of cybersecurity and securing critical assets in the cloud. It shows you have the advanced technical skills and knowledge to design, manage and secure data, applications and infrastructure in the cloud.
The CCSP is most relevant to those working in roles such as:
- Enterprise Architect
- Security Administrator
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security Manager
- Systems Architect
- Systems Engineer
What can attendees expect to cover in the CCSP training seminar?
When you earn this cloud security certification, you prove you have deep knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration.
The topics included in the CCSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK) ensure its relevance across all disciplines in the field of cloud security. Successful candidates are competent in the following 6 domains:
- Domain 1: Cloud Concepts, Architecture, and Design
- Domain 2: Cloud Data Security
- Domain 3: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Domain 4: Cloud Application Security
- Domain 5: Cloud Security Operations
- Domain 6: Legal, Risk, and Compliance
PLEASE NOTE: Please Note: Effective August 1, 2022, this course will be based on the refreshed CCSP exam outline and will use the updated training materials. Please refer to the CCSP Exam Outline and our FAQs for details.
Why should organisations consider CCSP training for their teams?
Learning together as a group allows the content and discussion to focus on the specific circumstances of the organisation for even more relevant and effective learning. Attendees not only learn best practices but also how they should be applied most effectively and can – in confidence – discuss how they can address the unique challenges they face as a team. Learning as a team provides an opportunity to collaborate and learn using real-world scenarios.
What training formats are available?
- Classroom-based Seminars – Official (ISC)² CCSP training seminars are scheduled throughout the year and promoted on the Cycubix website and social media channels. By subscribing to Cycubix Insights, subscribers not only are the first to know of these dates, they are also offered a discount on registrations.
- Private Group Training – For organisations with a larger group or team that require training, Private Group Training is a more cost effective and more convenient option. The delivery can be tailored to specific requirements and the courses can take place online, at the client’s location or at a local venue. Learning together as a group allows for the discussion to focus on the specific circumstances of the organisation, for even more relevant and effective learning.
- Live Online Training – This is a convenient and effective platform for teams distributed across multiple locations, allowing them to collaborate and use real-world scenarios to develop essential cybersecurity skills – as a team. Participants benefit from real-time tuition and live instructor and peer to peer interaction, using the content and structure applied in a classroom setting, delivered online.
Who is the instructor for the CCSP course?
Fabio Cerullo is an official certified instructor for (ISC)², the global leader in cybersecurity education and certification. Fabio has over 15 years of experience in the information security field gained across a diverse range of industries from financial and government institutions, to software houses and start-ups. Fabio has delivered training to thousands of IT and security professionals worldwide in cyber, cloud, and application security. By leveraging his extensive knowledge and experience, he presents the subject matter in a simple and interesting way, and promotes enriching interaction among attendees, which has granted him great feedback and recognition in the industry.
What is included in the cost of the training?
- Expert, in-person instruction from an (ISC)²-Authorised Instructor
- Up-to-date, official (ISC)² courseware
- Student handbook
- Certificate of attendance (40 CPEs)
- Lunch and refreshments (for public and private on-site trainings)
- Exam Voucher is NOT included but can be purchased directly from the ISC2 website: https://www.isc2.org/certification-register-now.aspx.
How is the CCSP Examination structured?
The CCSP exam uses Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT) for all English exams. CCSP exams in all other languages are administered as linear, fixed-form exams.
- Length of exam – 4 hours
- Number of questions – 150
- Question format – Multiple choice and advanced innovative questions
- Passing grade – 700 out of 1000 points
- Exam availability – English
- Testing centers: Pearson VUE is the exclusive global administrator of all (ISC)² exams (https://home.pearsonvue.com/isc2)
Are there any prerequisites for certification?
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years cumulative paid work experience in information technology, of which three years must be in information security and one year in one or more of the six domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning CSA’s CCSK certificate can be substituted for one year of experience in one or more of the six domains of the CCSP CBK. Earning (ISC)²’s CISSP credential can be substituted for the entire CCSP experience requirement.
- A candidate who doesn’t have the required experience to become a CCSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CCSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have six years to earn the five years required experience.
- Part-time work and internships may also count towards your experience.
- For most up-to date prerequisites: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP/experience-requirements
Can I apply to the exam right after the course?
These courses provide the most thorough review of the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), industry concepts and best practices and attract delegates from different backgrounds. Since (ISC)² exams are experience-based, attendees usually take the exam from a couple of weeks to a couple of months after the course, depending on their personal experience in the domains covered in the CBK. Best preparation is based on a combination of training course, individual study and experience. Cycubix cannot guarantee you will pass the exam by attending the course alone.
Once I pass the test am I automatically CCSP Certified?
When you receive notification informing you that you have successfully passed the exam, and you have the required experience you can start the Online Endorsement Application. Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year cumulative work experience in 1 or more of the 6 domains of the CCSP CBK. A 1 year prerequisite pathway will be granted for candidates who received a degree (bachelors or masters) in a cybersecurity program
A candidate that doesn’t have the required experience to become an CCSP may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CCSP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 2 years to earn the 1 year required experience
Why train with Cycubix?
(ISC)² certifications are recognised as the gold standard in the industry and confirm comprehensive and professional knowledge critical to developing and protecting systems and data in business and working environments. As an (ISC)² Official Training Provider (OTP), Cycubix recognises the role of training in the development and management of a comprehensive information security strategy. All courses are available as regularly schedule of classroom-based seminars, private group training for organisations with a larger group or team that require training or as live online training seminars.
- (ISC)² Official Training Provider – Benefit from our highly engaging training seminars based on the most up-to-date official content, delivered by an Authorised (ISC)² Instructor with a deep understanding of the subject matter and the ability to explain it effectively
- Best-in-class learning opportunity – An invaluable opportunity to collaborate and learn with peers and an instructor with extensive hands-on experience using real-world scenarios and interactive learning techniques – either in a classroom environment, as part of a private group training or live online
- Continuous professional development – Take control of the ever-changing requirements of cybersecurity management with practical skills that are not only essential to becoming certified, but also for your career progression